Friday, April 18, 2008

Enjoying life.





I've taken a little vacation from my craft projects. They are calling to me so I'll get back to them soon.

Last weekend we went to Sacramento to begin our little group ride San Simeon. We departed the Sacramento area using the levee road to Locke where we met up with Bill, Eileen, Steve and Jo. We continued down the levee road beyond Hwy 12. We stayed off of the interstate and it made for a long day. The temperatures were in the 90s, but the traffic was reasonable.

We stopped in Gilroy for lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ. Larry & I wanted to see if it was as good as the one in Billings, MT. It is. Major YUM!

We arrived in San Simeon and had enough time to walk across Hwy 1 for dinner at the Mexican restaurant. The restaurant is the same as it was the last time we were in the area - not very good.

On Monday we went to Hearst Castle for tour number two. Lots of stairs. Nice weather and a very interesting tour guide.

We left San Simeon to 51 degree temps and riding over to Paso Robles it got down to 45 degrees. For me it was the first day I have ridden wearing my insulated gear all day long. I don't think it ever got above 60! We managed to stop at Famous Dave's again on the way home. Didn't want to miss the offer of a free dessert! At Gilroy we headed east and rode north on I-5. As we neared Sacramento we found lots of wind. Glad it wasn't for the entire ride.

I purchased a new camera and managed to leave it on the table in Sacramento so the photos posted of our little ride (800 miles round trip to Lake County) were taken by our friend Jo. Thanks!

No comments: